Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Meet Malllisa


Ralph Waldo Emerson once said,

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen".

Since Kendall and I became best friends when we were seventeen our projects have been like clockwork. 
Every once in a while we come up with some huge elaborate plan that we must follow through with immediately.

...It's like I  can see it happening- she and I will be sitting there/shopping/laying on the beach/riding down the road and the light bulb bursts out of the nothingness above her head, her eyes light up, and her mouth opens wide. I know she's about to shower me with all the details of her next brilliant plan. This most recently happened when we were sweating like wild hogs doing cardio during one of our gym dates. Thus, here you are currently reading this blog. TA-DA! The way things evolve.





You see, Kendall and I have been on a serious health kick lately. Like the rest of you, we've been delving deep into the world of Pinterest. We have been sharing healthy recipes, exercise tips, DIY home improvement projects, and party planning ideas. We lean on each other for support when it comes to exercising and eating healthy and what better way to share our trials, tribulations, and successes than through blogging? So here we are- I guess I should [attempt to] give a short little rundown on myself.

Mallisa (the blonde one).


Me on paper:
-Working on my bachelor's degree in English.
-Currently finishing my pre-reqs at the local JuCo (ranked 11th in the nation and proud of it).
-Barista at a local coffee shop.
-Flower child
-Living with my favorite person and his adorable (almost) 4 year old.

Eisley
Wayne & I

-Lover of indie/folk/pop/alternative music.
-I dabble in photography.
-I went through a dramatic weight loss about three years ago (total loss of 70 lbs).

Me in a different, more abstract form than paper:
-I have a tremendous thirst for creating things.
-I rarely finish anything  or follow through with the things I really want to (but the older I get and more stable my surroundings become, I'm  getting better).
-I LOVE cooking but decided I could never do it as a career.
-I have an extreme passion for coffee!

Fun fact: Espresso has no calories.



















-& I like lists.

Mixing my love for all things domestic with obvious knowlege of how to lose weight and how to cook, I hope that blogging with help me to stay on track to meet my last weight loss goals, keep up a healthy lifestyle, exercise my creativity through crafting and photography, and inspire others to achieve all the goals they set for themselves.

In the future, you can expect a few things from me: photography, recipes, tips and tricks that help me in my dieting, some DIY projects for the home. I hope you enjoy following us along on our journey!

Signing off,

Mallisa


No comments:

Post a Comment