Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Introducing Kendall...


            Let me start off by saying welcome! I am thrilled that you are here. My name is Kendall Regan. In a nutshell I’m a newlywed, homemaker, 4th grade teacher who enjoys healthy cooking, DIY crafting, and living for our everlasting God!  
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.”  Galatians 2:20
I am also obsessed with working on my fitness, Pinterest, and spending time with my BFF (yes, we still use that term), Mallisa!

            It was during one of our “quality time” sessions that the idea of this blog came about. I honestly don’t know where to begin when it comes to telling you about my life, because my life is still coming together one day at a time! I guess I better start with me, more importantly, about my other half. My love story is a crazy one, and it all happened in quite a blur. The amazing thing is that I ended up with the most amazing, perfect, loving husband in the entire world. I can’t adequately describe how much he means to me, but I do honestly believe that he is my “soul mate”. We fit together like two perfect puzzle pieces, and he’s the best part about my life.

            Next up, let me tell you about my wonderful career. Yes, you read that right. I am a fourth-grade teacher. I am one of the few and the brave! I graduated from The University of Southern Mississippi in 2011. I have one year of teaching under my belt and anticipate many more! Becoming a teacher was a childhood dream for me. I decided I wanted to become a teacher on my first day of kindergarten. Throughout school, I bounced around between marine biologist, dolphin trainer, veterinarian, and nurse, but my destiny led me straight through college and here I am, living my dream! I am currently teaching two blocks of math, science, and social studies. I am looking forward to implementing rotating learning centers for all three subjects this year, as well as improving my classroom management, classroom organization, and raising my student expectations. In other words, I will never stop trying to be the best teacher that I can be! With that being said, I am embarking on a Master’s Degree this fall. I will be attending William Carey University majoring in Education with a Concentration in Gifted. Needless to say, I will have quite a lot on my plate in the near future!

            Somehow, among the business of life, Mallisa and I still find time to do the things that make our lives worthwhile. This includes living an active and healthy lifestyle, decorating, cooking, homemaking, crafting, loving, and spending time with friends. Mallisa and I have traveled through life together for roughly the past seven years. We have had our ups and downs, pulled each other through heart breaks, lived together, moved together, cooked together, crafted together, and adventured together. We have had a hand in guiding the pen in the other's book of life for almost a decade. Mallisa has a lot to do with the person I am today, and I wouldn't have it any other way. She held my bouquet the day my father passed me to my groom, and I intend to do the same for her. In other words, we're sisters. In this blog you will find quite a bit of all of that, from both of our points of view. You will quickly find that Mallisa and I are very different, but it is that perfect kind of different that evens us both out and creates a friendship that will never fade. If you choose to follow us on this journey, I can assure you will enjoy the ride! In the meantime, Craft. Eat. Love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment